In this cooking tutorial episode we will teach you how to cook mussels in a rich tomato basil sauce.
500 grms of mussels
3 tbsp of olive oil
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
10 fresh basil leaves
240 grms of whole peeled tomatoes in their juice
3 medium size tomatoes
2 red Chilli & 1 green
1 medium size white onion
1 Tbsp of tomato paste
1/2 Tsp of dried Thyme
1 Tsp of salt
1 Tsp of ground black pepper
1 Tsp of dried oregano
2 dry Bay leaves
Fresh basil leaves for garnishing
1. Finely chopped 2 garlic cloves. Slice the chili.
Dice white onion. Thinly slice 10 basil leaves.
Squeeze a little bit each whole peeled tomato with your hands and set them in a bowl aside.
2. Rinse well the mussels to remove dirt from the shells.
3. Set the stove at medium temperature
Add the chopped garlic, onions and the sliced chili
and cooked it for 1 minute.
4. Add diced tomatoes . Stir fry all vegetables for another minute.
5. Add the 240 grms whole peeled tomatoes and their juice. Mix all the ingredients.
6. Reduce the temperature to medium low. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
7. Add the sliced basil leaves, 1/2 of dried Thyme, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of ground black pepper, 1 tsp of dried oregano. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
8. Add 1 tbsp of tomato paste and 2 dried bay leaves.
Mix all the ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes.
9. Put the temperature to medium high.
Add the mussels into the pot and cover with a lid.
Cook the mussels for about 4 minutes.
10. Remove the lid and cook for another 4 minutes.
Then switch off the stove and leave it rest for few minutes.
11. In a medium size bowl add the mussels and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
12. Enjoy your meal!!!
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”691″ padding=”1″ border=”20″ background=”1″ flyin=”1″ flyin_position=”bottom-right”]