Steamed Minced Pork with Salted Egg Yolk [Moo Nueng Khai Kem]
Steaming Minced pork patty is pretty fast, simple and well-liked among the old and the young. Altough, it is not a really common household dish but many of Thais probably ate before and easy to cook at home.
* 450 grams minced pork
* 100 grams minced shrimp
* 5 salted Egg Yolks
* 4 coriander roots
* 4 garlic cloves
* 1 teaspoon ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1. Grind coriander root, garlic and pepper in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly.
2. In a big bowl, mix together the coriander root + garlic + pepper mixture with minced pork, minced shrimp, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce and oil (If you want soft pork). Let marinate for 30 minutes
3. Spoon the mixture 2 tbsp; shape into small patties about 3″ in diameter.
4. Then put the salted egg yolk on top of the patties.
5. Heat water in a steamer. Wait until boiling, then place the prepared pork.
6. Steam for 15 minutes or until cooked.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Sprinkle with coriander leaves
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”691″ padding=”1″ border=”20″ background=”1″ flyin=”1″ flyin_position=”bottom-right”]