2 puff pastry sheets of 30 cm diameter
800 g of white snapper fillet
Handful of dill
Handful of coriander
3 hard boiled eggs
2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of jasmine rice
1 fresh egg
2 dried bay leaves
2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of ground black pepper
2 tbsp of olive oil
1) Add 1 cup of white rice into a bowl. Cover the rice with cold water. Leave it soaking for 30 min. Add the rice into a pot with simmering water. Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Reduce the stove temperature to medium low. Mix the rice and cook it for 15 min.
2) Slice the onions into half rings. Chop dill and coriander. Dice the eggs. Slice the fish fillet into 0.5 cm strips.
3) In a preheated stove at a medium high temperature add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a frying pan. Add half onion rings, Salt and pepper. Stir fry for about 2 min and set it aside.
4) In a preheated stove at a medium high temperature add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add fish strips, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of ground black pepper. Mix all ingredients and stir fry for 5 min. Add dill and coriander. Mix all the ingredients. Switch off the stove and set the mixture aside.
5) In a baking pan covered with baking paper add the first circular puff pastry sheet to cover the bottom of the pan. Pinch with a fork in different places the pastry sheet. Add half of the white rice portion, add half of the onion half rings, half of the fish strips, 1 dried bay leave in the center. Repeat the same steps with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with the second pastry sheet. Fold the edges of the pastry sheet around the baking tray. Make 3 small cuts on the pastry sheet.
6) Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 min.
7) Pie is ready. Let’s slice it into 4 pieces.
A simple fish pie recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare. Our fish pie recipe is incredibly simple to make and you can use any fish you want.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”691″ padding=”1″ border=”20″ background=”1″ flyin=”1″ flyin_position=”bottom-right”]